Saturday, October 18, 2014

What a great Saturday.  Ozzie and Harriet were sitting side by side this morning when it got light enough for me to take a photo. How cute!! By this time others started showing up.  Ozzie and Harriet had quite a few visitors this morning.  Here we go with the Names...... Dona (Giggling) , Barb, Desiree, Jim,  Sandra ( Gleeful) , Janet (Happytojoin) Lynn & Hubby, Joni ( was a bit late) Jeff , Jay, Vicki, Donna M,  Christine Mudd Caro, and my self.  
Phewww! Pretty soon I'll just have to say "A group of us" lol
The morning started off just like Thursday and Friday , They both left right after checking out the nest. They headed towards the river. So we were all a bit disappointing but settled into chit-chatting and waiting to see if they would come back. Barb and I head over to Publix and just as we get back, 
Ozzie returns Yay. He brought in some grass then fly's up to the upper branch. He looks for some pine , missed it then heads to the right pond tree full of cattle egrets. They all fly off and Ozzie try's to get a branch that doesn't happen so off he goes around the pond then lands in the left pond tree clearing that of cattle egrets. Takes off from there back around the pond again then fly's over all of us , to the west pasture over to the tree across the road and gets a stick from there and back to the nest tree. Places the stick and goes to the porch branch to rest. I need a rest too after typing all that. Ozzie then heads up to the upper branch and waits for Harriet to show up. Harriet arrives home with a branch and Ozzie is in the nest to place that stick. Ohhh this is were the beaking war beings. Harriet really wants to place the stick and move other ones around and Ozzie is having none of it! Harriet even stands up to Ozzie and vocalizes her intentions. Lots of beaking . Of course we have running commentary  on the ground from all of us....LOL  Ozzie went over to the west pasture tree line looking for just the right stick. Took a couple of try's but found the right one. back to the nest he headed. On his way ,Ozzie was adjusting the stick and lost it so back to the west treeline he went. This time he makes all the way into the nest branch  with moss and all..... Beaking wars 2 breaks out...LOL They nudge and push each other out of the way and Harriet wins the branch.! Harriet placed the stick where she wanted it to be. Ozzie heads in for the move and pulls the stick towards him and places it . Harriet pulls the stick from where Ozzie placed it and put it right back where she had it. The look on Ozzie face was priceless.Again Ozzie would pull and put the stick right back where he had it.
Again Harriet would pull and put the stick right in front of her and Ozzie would grab it from the side and put it back in front of him. Back and forth this went on for a few mins. So the beaking war continues, a few more branches brought in and more "discussions" of where the branches go. 
Around 9:50 am or so , Ozzie leaves headed east towards the river. I didn't get a pic so not really sure of the time he left. Harriet leaves headed in the same direction. Well we figure they are done for the day ..nope we hear Harriet just a squeeeeing ! Here come's Ozzie with a fish and Harriet right on his tail. Both headed to the nest. Ozzie no more than lands and Harriet is landing on the nest too. A little scuffle and Harriet get's the fish. Ozzie leaves the nest to get him a drink down at the pond.  
Dona and I race ( well not really but close ) to the pond to get some photo's of Ozzie. On our way up the driveway to go back to the church side , Ozzie is up in the nest tree so we stop and get some more photo's and mating shots too. Wooohoo. Eagle pron seems to be on the agenda again .... LOL
Theses two have no privacy at all. I'm beginning to feel like a peeping Tom or worst. lol
We make it back to the other side and Ozzie and Harriet hang around for a little bit. Ozzie leaves headed over the church. Harriet sits and watches him for a bit then she leaves towards the west and circles and circles up and up soaring then over the nest area headed to the east. 
So glad that Ozzie and Harriet came back this morning. They are as always so entertaining to watch. I really didn't want to go another day with out seeing them for awhile .Four days was enough.  Soon I will only be seeing them on the cam. With all my Doctor Appointments it has been finally decided I need to get my hip taken care of. This has been the cause of all my pain , not my knee. So the days I have left before I have to sit at home are numbered.  Monday I'll know the date of my surgery and will let you all know. But in the mean time, I'll keep going to the nest and enjoy my time with them and everyone else. If it works out right I'll be home watching eggs being laid and babies hatching..Woohoo I can't think of a better way to spend my re-cooping time . Can you ??????  
Harriet like.. "don't you touch my sticks"

Ozzie ."Did you just take that stick Harriet?"

"Woman are you crazy ?"
" Don't call me crazy and I'm moving sticks today where you like it or not!!!"
"I should have brought her this first thing this morning then  maybe she wouldn't have been so cranky"
Getting ready for some hanky-panky
The bad thing about this side of the nest, if you don't move before they start the cam is in the photo. They are on the attic branch.


No comments:

Post a Comment