Sunday, October 19, 2014

Sitting  at the nest looking at the stars just before the sun peeks over the horizon and gives the sky that orange-st glow and the fog slowly lifting from the pasture and Harriet greeting another day with that familiar vocal of her's, is such an awesome feeling. I have always enjoyed the early morning hours when every thing is just just waking up. The colors , the sounds, the beauty of it all and the fact that I am alive to enjoy another great day.

Day brakes  and I see Ozzie and Harriet sitting side-by-side again in the nest tree. Harriet vocalizing. Not sure which one but guessing Ozzie was the first to drop down into the nest followed by Harriet. They do some moving of sticks and fluffing of the nest bowl checking things out for the day ahead of them. Ozzie steps up on to the front branch then leaves. I'm watching as he heads off to the river. Harriet then steps up to the front branch and she leaves headed to the river. Well no work for them today. They did work pretty hard yesterday and it is such a beautiful morning to be any where but home, So I'll not be upset with them today for not sticking around.
 Desiree , Linda , Jay  and I were the only ones there this morning. Jay did get a photo of Ozzie as he flew over the pond area  by Publix's as he was getting some sunrise photo's.
  We all sat talking or taking photo's of other birds while waiting for them to come back but not this morning.  They have other plans for the day.
I left around 11:35 am still no one home. It was still a great day at Ozzie and Harriet's .

I tried to get a photo of the Big Dipper over the Church.
 
Fog lifting in the west pasture
 
The Sunrise photo I got , the color doesn't show up to well here so sorry I can't post it but you should have seen it. Just beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment