Wednesday, October 1, 2014

Today was the first day of the cam being up. I still went to the nest to see Ozzie & Harriet. I didn't see them in the tree's but I still waited for them to show up. I was telling them (in hopes they were around) that the cams come on today and they really need to let everyone see them. Just before 7:00 am I hear that familiar vocal and here comes Harriet & Ozzie. They went straight to the nest tree. Yay!  I hope everyone got to see them. Well it started to rain so in the truck I went and waited a bit.
Ozzie left the nest tree and headed over to the old cam 2 tree. Harriet was up from the attic branch.
I had to leave real quick (nature call..lol) when I was waiting to pull into the  Church drive I could hear Ozzie and Harriet . Oh good they are mating again I thought. Nope , Donna said they just had a discussion..LOL
They sat there for a bit then Harriet flew to the right pond tree. It rained again and this time I just got my umbrella and stood there with Donna and David. All 3 of us with our umbrellas waiting on Harriet to make a move. Boy we must have looked funny standing out there like that , LOL  Then a Red Shoulder Hawk flew in and landed at the top of the tree. Harriet was not please with that and vocalized but the Hawk could care less. Ozzie flew to the old cam 2 tree. At first I thought maybe he was going to help Harriet out.
Finally Harriet gave up and went to the nest tree. She was still vocalizing about the Hawk and the Hawk still didn't care. It even looked relieved that Harriet moved.
The two of them did some preening, Ozzie did the Thunder Bird look to dry out his wings some then flew to the nest tree with Harriet. They both left around 9:24 am headed to the river.
It started to rain again so it was time for me to go home.
 I sure hope everyone got to see them this morning.  There were a couple of double rainbows but couldn't get good photo's of them.
                                                Harriet vocalizing at the Hawk
Ozzie 

5 comments: