Monday, March 30, 2015

The morning was cool but it doesn't matter because I get to see E6 and Harriet . Harriet was vocalizing and E6 was still down in the nest. Harriet's vocals for me is the first call of the new day. Such a sweet sound to hear. Then I get to looking around to see if  PB is there. Nope not in the nest tree, maybe in the front pine tree  I thought to myself, which I wouldn't be able to tell from my side any way. Harriet leaves at 6:50 am  heads towards the river, as I turn back to my right, there's PB in the left front pine where the crows are. I kind of  smile to myself and wonder how he got to stay there with the crow's Ricky & Lucy ( yes we named then too lol ) without them chasing him off and that Harriet didn't let him stay in the nest tree last night. So I felt it was going to be a good day for a change.
PB flies to the old cam 2 tree and vocals his good mornings to the world . E6 wakes up and does a few wing stretches and off to the R- pond tree. I turn back around and PB has left headed towards the river also. Just as turn to look at E6 I catch a Juvie that just swooped at E6 while he was on the R-pond tree. Dog gonit , it starts already. From out of now where , here comes PB to the R-pond tree vocalizing after the Juvie which headed out around the church. It comes back around and PB takes off to the snag tree then off after the Juvie. Some how the Juvie lost PB and lands in the church tree and stays there for awhile. This one has some black still on it's beak so it got named Dirtybeak. I have got to name them just to keep up with who has been there especially if they spend any time there .
E6... by this time is back in the nest tree just waiting things out. PB leaves , Dirtybeak is in the church tree. E6 takes a flight over to the  R-pond tree again where the crows decided to bother E6. Having enough of the crows,E6 flies down to the pond, the side closest to the driveway and don't you just know it , the crows follow him.


















" I'm super E6 ,Take that Mr Crow !" LOL  Any way E6 walks from there to get away from the crows to a spot where there are some palm trees a some tall grass closer to the office . Well now E6 gets it's first up close look at a vehicle. That scared him a bit . He stopped dead in his tracks and just watched it go by real slow. Well I guess the person in the car saw E6 too because when she got  parked she got out and went up looking for E6 and flushed E6 from where he was at . E6 took off towards the south bank of the pond by a palm tree.
E 6 see's the car



 










E6 see's the woman




E6 takes flight












And YOU ARE TO CLOSE !!




























E 6
Now I'm making a statement here... That If  " We"  are to stay away from E6 while on the ground, on the driveway side , so are the office workers ! This here was totally uncalled for.  There was NO reason for her to get out of her car and go up looking for E6. She was way too close!!! Ok now I had my rant..... on with E6's morning. E6 walked around a bit then flew over to the church tree where DirtyBeak was still sitting . E6 landed one branch down and was just vocalizing away .E6 flew from there back into the pasture with a crow hot on it's tail....LOL

                                             
                                                                                                                                  
E6 circled around and flew to the snag tree . There He played with a dried vine and was picking at the bark on the limb he was standing on. From there he flew over to the next snag tree.
 E6 stayed there for a bit then took off and flew right over us. What a awesome sight! E6 went back to the nest tree.


While in the nest tree another Juvie flies in the area. Flew around the tree and picked off a small stick had it in it's beak and flew up to the upper branch where harriet likes to sit. An offering for E6 ?? I don't know. lol  E6 as he has before let this visitor know it was not welcome and even moved out on the to porch to see it better and to make sure the other saw him. Now I didn't name this one. Donna gave it the name WhiteCap for the white on it's speckled head. LOL we sure are coming up with the names.                                                                                                                                                      


  Well this one finally leaves and E6 can relax for a bit. Well E6 thinks it's time to give me and the others a heart attack and take a short flight over the road to the pond area , fly around and come back!!! You should've heard me telling him..NOT THERE , NOT THERE  YOU COME BACK HERE !!!!  Like E6 was really going to turn around and come back when I told him to  right?!
Geez Louise !
Any way after E6's short trip, he lands on the old cam 2 tree like "TA-DAHHH" see it was nothing. Then back into the nest tree. We all look towards the river side and here comes Harriet making a beeline into the pasture and down to the pond. Wow ! I looked back to see if anything was following her but nope . it took E6 a couple of mins then He too headed to the pond.                                        

We couldn't see anything but did watch on Vickies phone how Harriet and E6 were having some alone time just the two of them. We understand that Harriet got a few drinks and that E6 did too. He also got his bottom wet.. not a full sure enough bath tho. Harriet leaves and goes to the OCT Ahhh what a great sight to see again.  E6 continued to play down at the pond while Harriet preened a bit and watched E6. It was like us watching our kids at the waterline to make sure they don't get hurt. E6 got done playing and headed back to the R-pond tree. I was sooo hoping he would land next to Mom. Not to long after that PB flew in and landed higher up on the OCT. I teared up a bit. It was almost like seeing Ozzie there again. I know it's not but It will be soon enough.                                               
Harriet vocalizing and PB vocalizing back. They sit there for about 10 mins then with a squeal Harriet  leaves towards the east and is flying around then PB takes off in the same direction. We can see them flying around ,up higher then over towards the river. Not sure what Harriet saw but we did see a bunch of Vultures fly up when Harriet and PB  went their way..LOL  I left not to long after that.  

1 comment:

  1. Dee, I love your blog. Reading your commentary makes me feel like I'm there. Terrific pictures as well. Keep up the great work. Hopefully one day I can meet you, Vicki and Dave�� thanks again Barb Henry

    ReplyDelete