Sunday, March 29, 2015

 When I got to the nest this morning, the only one I could see in the nest tree was E6 and He was vocalizing. Nothing serious but calling out to Mom, then I heard Harriet. She was in one of the front pines. I didn't see any "intruders". As harriet was doing her morning vocals , I thought I heard the lower sounds of the Male that has been constantly around.  At 6:50 am Harriet flies towards the river. E6 is still vocalizing. Then at 7:02 am The Male PB  (now short for Publix) flew from the front tree to the snag closest  to me. Did his morning vocals. I'm begin  to think that PB thinks he has found him a home even tho Harriet let's him know she doesn't want him..Silly little guy just doesn't know yet that Ozzie will be home. My human thought is that Harriet is "using " him for a baby sitter and so far a protector of the area. Which by the way , he has done a great job so far. Yesterday he ran of DirtyBird. Today he ran off another one.
So harriet is gone then PB sticks around for a bit. E6 takes a flight to the R-pond tree this morning. PB heads out to Bob's looking for Harriet I guess.  E6 is busying playing on the pond tree. It looks like he is trying to brake off a branch but can't do it...LOL

 E6 then takes off from the R-pond tree and I thought he was going to head over to Bob's the way he was headed but instead he took a little fly around the pond . I got a bit excited because it looked like at one point E6 was going to land near the pond bank but darn he didn't just kept flying around the palm trees then back to the R-pond tree.


E6 hung out there for awhile until Harriet comes across the road with a HUGE  fish . WTG Mom ! She was vocalizing the whole way and PB was behind her and He landed on the attic. Branch . Both were vocalizing, E6 was vocalizing and mantling the fish.
Harriet and her HUGE fish 



PB coming in behind Harriet


Now this is where things get a little mixed up for me because I'm looking thru my lens watching Harriet and PB to see what was going to happen with all the vocals going on. I did not see the other Sub- Adult Eagle come in until it swooped the nest and PB came down from the attic branch. Harriet was still on the nest with E6 . In the picture you will see PB on the left , E6 and the top of Harriet's head behind E6 then the other Sub- Adult to the right .
PB -Left , E6 and Harriet behind E6, Sub-adult right( photo not cropped but enlarged so you can see.)

Now some where in all this I think Harriet went after PB not realizing He was going after the sub-adult. because when I realized we had another Eagle there I had to stop taking photos to look and see where the other one was and who left the nest to go after it. This sub-adult made a few passe's at the nest and PB was ready for it and so was Harriet . This sub -adult wanted that fish in a bad way. This next photo you will see PB Above Harriet in between the branches ,Harriet behind E6 all of them vocalizing and the Sub-Adult on the left by the branching branch.                                                                                                 
       
The next few photo's will show not all that good but  Harriet going after the sub-adult and getting it out of the nest and E6 doing what he should be doing, his back turned and guarding the fish.  



    The Sub-adult was very persistent in trying to get the fish.   PB went after it several times and chased it out of the area twice. The last time it stayed gone. Photo's of the Sub-adult .                  

So now that PB was off making sure the sub-adult stayed away , E6 started eating the fish Harriet brought in. Harriet had hopped up to the attic branch by now and was watching. E6 being E6 was taking his time on eating the fish so Harriet dropped down into the nest to help things along .Well we all know how that  went. Tug-of-war with the fish and Harriet winning ...LOL  
After harriet and E6 finish off the fish, Harrit takes off for awhile and then PB shows up from making sure the sub-adult is gone. E6 lays down and takes him self a nap and PB goes to the  old cam 2 tree. I left not to long after that .                                                                                              
I'm very fascinated by all of this. How Harriet is doing, how well E6 is learning and how this Adult Male just seems to ignore Harriet  telling it to go away and he still stays and helps protect the nest, Harriet and E6.  He is trying so hard to win Harriet over and it' s just not working for her.  Am I getting a little soft spot for him ? I think I am but that does not mean I want him to stay! I kind of think of it in our Human emotions as..... this poor guy is getting used ..LOL    But he is keeping Harriet and E6 safe until Ozzie makes it back , then so be it.   I just hope when Ozzie does come back  that none of them get physically hurt. I know Harriet isn't looking for a mate but this Male sure is smitten with our Beautiful Harriet.  And how about our E6 ?? Wow has he done a great job too of defending the nest! E6 even went down to the pond yesterday and played around . He took off from the ground like a pro. I didn't get to see it in person tho but was watching him on the cam. I feel real good about E6 when He leaves us. I think he has had some very important lessons that will keep him safe while growing up to be a Magnificent  Bald Eagle. I'm so blessed that I have had the opportunity to see this close up and personal . Some thing I would have never gotten to see if it anywhere else and understand some  of what is going on.                                                                                   


   
 
     












       
     

     

No comments:

Post a Comment