Monday, April 20, 2015

I haven't written in a while. There really hasn't been much happening. They wake up and leave early now and head SE towards the river so we thought, or E6 would hang around the nest area abit then leave. Now we have found out they are actually going to some trees just on the other side of the pond behind Publix not to the river as we first thought. Harriet sometimes sits in a Norfolk pine and PB just below her. E6 was found in a tree closer to the pond.
So today when they all headed that way and we saw what we thought was Harriet sitting in the Norfolk pine around 7:04 am , and E6 dipped down behind a tall pine , I decided to head over to the pond just to see if E6 was still there.  Low and behold there was Harriet sitting in a snag to the left of the pond, PB was in the Norfolk pine further to the right and I  didn't see E6 ( 7:13 am )
So I hung around a bit. I have to say this.... No matter how I or anyone else feels about PB ( FV) He is apart of this whole learning process for E6 and Us.  I have never once thought he was here to take Ozzie's place , he is just here to "help" out Harriet and yes he does steal but E6 better hurry up and get his protecting of his food down  a lot better  than what he has been doing. Yesterday was an Awesome day to watch what will happen when E6 is on his own. I understand ,Mom had him distracted and it's Mom... but it will be like this out in the world for E6. There will be more than just 1 Eagle after his food. NO friends in their world when it come to food.
Ok so on with the morning..
So I'm at the pond without my tripod.. ( note to self, don't go to the Publix pond without tripod) trying to get pictures of the other birds, the sun coming up on the pond and not doing a very good job of it. I move too much. I even tried sitting on the ground to steady myself... So this explains now why some of the photo's you will be seeing are, to put it nicely are a bit fuzzy...LOL
Eventually I hear E6 to my right and out from a group of trees comes E6 and flies to a dead tree a little bit away from Mom.  I'm just happier than a pig in slop . Now I can get photo's of E6 and Mom in a different place .  E6 leaves this tree and goes down to the pond. He walks into the water and walks around a bit , get's a drink. Looking around like he should then dips his fanny in the water and I'm thinking Ok here we go maybe a good bath this time but nope ..it's just a butt bath ..LOL
Harriet

PB (FV) 

E6

E6 getting ready to land on the other side of the pond, straight in front of me.

E6

E6 checking out the pond

Testing the water

Getting a drink
The start of a "butt bath" ..LOL
Done with this part of his bath ,E6 gets out and walks down just a bit and gets back in the water by the pink cup. Well every little kid likes to have a cup in their bathtub..LOL  


E6 done with his "buttbath" gets out and plays just a bit. While doing this Harriet flies down for the tree on my left and gets a fish from the bank of the pond. OMG ! I just stood there and watched and not 1 photo of it. She didn't go in very deep for the fish. She came out with a small fish. E6 saw her too and stopped what he was doing and started squeeeing and run/walking towards Harriet.



Harriet took the fish from her talon and put it in her beak and started up the embankment. E6 still running/walking towards Harriet . She got to the top ,looked over at E6 who was still a bit away from her and took off.
Harriet heads E6's way , We both , E6 and I think Harriet is bringing the fish to him but nope! She flies right past him to another tree. LOL 

The look on E6's face was priceless. E6 hurries up the embankment as e6 is doing this from the right side of me , here comes PB. Wow that didn't take him long to show up. PB lands in the tree with Harriet but a branch up from Her. E6 takes off  from the ground and makes his way over to the tree where Harriet is. E6 lands a bit further down from Harriet at first then makes his way up right next to her and mandles . Now I'm not sure if the fish gets dropped or if Harriet took it with her when she left the tree. 

The next thing I see is Harriet flying over me headed to the Norfolk pine , PB headed SE and E6 still sitting in the tree. E6 then leaves and flies over the pond towards the trees to the back and lands. It's play time now. From this tree he goes to the snag tree Mom was in.  By this time Vicki has made it here and she brought me my tripod  that I left at the nest site ..Woohoo   E6 plays a bit then leaves out headed SE and back to the nest area. 








E6 doesn't stay there at the nest long and heads back over to the pond area again. This time I stayed at the nest area. The rest of my morning is the same as you all saw on the cam. Harriet gets to eat all by herself . E6 makes it back after Harriet is done . Then I left the 2 of them sitting in the nest tree, E6 vocalizing to Mom ......LOL 




No comments:

Post a Comment