Sunday, November 2, 2014

Brrrrrrr what a cold morning here in North Fort Myers!

I get at the nest my normal o-dark thirty with the time change I didn't have to wait long for it to get  lighter out and Harriet to call in another day. I get out of my truck and get my things set up. Dona arrives and we greet Ozzie and Harriet. Ozzie from the left outer branch (as we look at the tree) flies around the tree and goes into the nest. Harriet is still up on the same branch Ozzie just left.
Ozzie does his normal checking and moving of things then heads to the right pond tree for a branch if he can find one.That tree is soooo  picked clean. He does get a small stick and returns to the nest. Ozzie leaves and  heads off towards the river, Harriet drops down into the nest. Harriet doesn't stay long either. Just as Dona put down her camera, Harriet flies right over us and off in the same direction as Ozzie. Dona was not to happy with Harriet to say the least .LOL
We sit there talking and Desiree arrives. She just missed them.  Jeff (Trip J) arrives... I would say ...about an hr later you hear Harriet just a squeeeing from the left of us and here the comes Ozzie with a small fish for Harriet and she is right behind him. Ozzie barely gets his wings folded up when in comes Harriet and takes the fish from him. LOL Love watching the two of them. Not really sure if they shared the fish ...but my guess is NOT!  Harriet done with her breakfish goes to the porch branch and feaks her beak, while Ozzie is still sitting in the nest. Ozzie then leaves the nest tree and heads for one of the short full tree's by the pond and lands on the lowest branch. This is the second time I have seen him do this.
  Ozzie is looking for a branch from this tree doesn't see one he likes on the left side so he drops down on the ground and is looking around. He see's what he is looking for on the right side of this tree.. flies up  and he finds him a big one. Ozzie hops up, grabs the branch bends it down  until it snaps off and drops down to the ground to get a better grip on it.




Ozzie gets the branch just right in his talons ,and heads off for the nest. Dona and I were talking about how Ozzie hasn't been no slouch in the size of branches this year. They are huge. Maybe he is building the rail up for 3 babies this year ???? LOL 
The  placement of this branch takes a bit for Ozzie to get just where he wants it. Now I'm  not forgetting about Harriet ,today she is doing her part by getting pine and some moss for the nest bowl. From what I saw, Ozzie even let her check out the nest bowl more today without bothering her than I have seen in the past. Hmmm
Ozzie  with the branch from the full tree by the pond

Harriet and her moss/stick
   Harriet satisfied with the placement of her stick/moss , heads for the left  pond tree. She no more then get's settled in when here comes Ozzie and lands right on top of her and we have mating.... Boy oh boy I'm telling you what. That sure was a sneak attack. There was no chatter about it at all...LOL  There  was 6 seconds from photo of Harriet landing , to the photo of Ozzie landing on her. No stopping on the branch or anything. Ozzie must have been tired of being knocked off a couple of times.
Harriet just landing 

BAMB! Ozzie  on top of Harriet ...LOL

 Ozzie   done with his wam-bam thank you Mam flies down to the ground by the horse's and found something to eat. Flies up to the right pond tree to eat it. Not sure but he might have dropped it and goes back down to the ground and is joined by Harriet this time . Both of them are looking around. Harriet finds the piece Ozzie dropped and takes it to the other side of the tree...LOL     Poor  Ozzie.
Ozzie--- The Dive Bomber 

The scuffle for the food

"Dam she got my food again!" 
Harriet is eating then out of the corner of my eye ,I see Ozzie coming from around the tree.. lol Harriet picks up the piece of food and takes off with Ozzie right behind her for a bit. He gives up and goes to the left pond tree.Harriet heads to the front pine tree to finish eating.
Harriet headed to front pine tree

Ozzie feaks his beak a bit then flies down to the ground to a huge branch.


 Ozzie flies to the right pond tree to adjust his grip on the branch then heads off to the nest tree with his find. This one .... Ozzie has to come around the trees in the front then up into the nest tree. Amazing how they know they have to do that so they don't get hurt or lose the branch. 
There's more stick getting and pine getting by both of them. Ozzie leaves headed east for the day. Harriet heads out after a bit.... circles over us for a bit then heads out past the back of the church. 
I must say , Ozzie and Harriet sure did give me a great send off.  They stayed , they worked , beak-bonked, mated and showed me what nature is all about. I will miss my time with them at the nest but I will be watching for awhile on the cam . Hopefully the eggs will be here soon to help me get thru the time I have to stay home. 
I want to Thank everyone that has been reading my blog . I so enjoyed sharing my time with you. I'm not done just on a down time for now. I will be at it again here really soon. Thank You again!

No comments:

Post a Comment