Saturday, May 2, 2015

I spent a long day at the nest today. Not really a whole lot happened early this morning. E6 was bothered by not only the Crows but the little Shrikes were after him and the crows. E6 finally having enough of them took off and went soaring. As E6 was circling , getting the thermals each time higher and higher he would go.. there was a crow that stayed with him. I was amazed that the crow could keep up with him and even go that high . Finally E6 was headed SE and the crow had left him and went back to his tree. I'm watching E6 soaring over the Church parking lot , then I catch Harriet coming up from behind the Church.... Oh how cool is that ! I look for E6 to see if he saw Mom, not quit yet . Harriet is circling, catching each different thermal..higher and higher she goes. Then I hear E6 .. He finally saw Mom and down he starts coming from way up. I see he has his landing gear down..LOL I don't know why  but maybe he thought Mom was going to the nest with something to eat.  Harriet flies right over us and higher up she goes. When E6 realizes Harriet is going higher and still soaring past the nest tree, E6  pulls up the landing gear and soars with her. OMG what an awesome sight to see. I didn't know which one to watch. First E6 then Harriet , then E6 again. Up ,Up they went right above the nest area. Then I see another adult with Harriet . It's PB . Harriet and Pb circling each other. Higher and higher. E6 is now headed a little to the North and Harriet and PB are bit SW way up. I 'm watching Harriet and PB now to see what will happen. PB like E6 had his landing gear down but then put them back up ( landing gear = feet,talons). I see them do this when they are coming down and slowing down to land ,but I thought E6 & PB were awfully high up to be doing that so soon. Hmmm must find some information on that.
Now Harriet and PB are circling and at one point Harriet flips up her belly side , no talons outstretched tho. Hmm... Something new for me to see.   They soar higher and higher and  still circling and start moving more towards the NW like E6 did. I think I see  2 more adults by they are so high up I can't tell with my lens any more . Then I lose sight of Harriet & PB and even E6. Wow such an awesome sight to see. I guess they all went off soaring together. Just amazing!
Harriet coming up from behind the church

Harriet

E6 with landing gear down and see how high up he is

Harriet on the bottom ,PB on top

PB Left, Harriet right

Harriet right ,PB left
        After about an hour , here comes E6 to the nest tree. LOL you hear him coming before you see him. And of course the crows are following him.   E6 stays for a bit then off to the west pasteur treeline. Mom is there in a pine . They go from tree to tree.  Maybe Harriet is looking for a squirrel . Then finally they head off over the treeline. Now somewhere along the line , they come back . E6 up high in the tree and Harriet down low. Looks like she is hiding from E6..lol We didn't know PB was in another tree at this time. We were so busy watching E6 and Harriet. Around 2: 15 pm Harriet leaves and PB follows not to long afterwards. Both headed SE. E6 stayed in the tree. He was there when I left around 2:30 pm.            


No comments:

Post a Comment